Did you hear a mysterious explosion in this Norfolk town?
- Credit: Archant
A loud bang has shaken up a Norfolk neighbourhood, but questions linger over the source of the noise.
A resident who lives near Millfield Primary School in North Walsham, said she heard an 'almighty bang' at around 11.30am this morning (Friday, December 7).
She said she initially feared the worst.
She said: I live next door to the primary school and immediately thought that it had exploded. The house vibrated.
'People all over the estate heard it but there seems to be no evidence at all of what on earth it was.'
You may also want to watch:
Claire Arnold, the school's secretary, said they had also heard the bang.
She said it did not originate from the school and they were also at a loss to explain the noise.
- 1 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 9 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 10 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
She said: 'We did hear it but we don't know what it was. It sounded like a flare, like the ones they have in Cromer when the lifeboats go out.'
-Did you hear the bang or can you explain what it was? Email firstname.lastname@example.org