Did you hear a mysterious explosion in this Norfolk town?
- Credit: Archant
A loud bang has shaken up a Norfolk neighbourhood, but questions linger over the source of the noise.
A resident who lives near Millfield Primary School in North Walsham, said she heard an 'almighty bang' at around 11.30am this morning (Friday, December 7).
She said she initially feared the worst.
She said: I live next door to the primary school and immediately thought that it had exploded. The house vibrated.
'People all over the estate heard it but there seems to be no evidence at all of what on earth it was.'
You may also want to watch:
Claire Arnold, the school's secretary, said they had also heard the bang.
She said it did not originate from the school and they were also at a loss to explain the noise.
- 1 Large police presence in Norfolk village after person dies on boat
- 2 Latest situation at Norfolk hospitals sees covid-related admissions remain static
- 3 Village pub offers 'proper' 1p 'Penne-y Pasta' dish with alcoholic drink
- 4 Schools close early for Christmas after outbreak of 11 Covid cases
- 5 30,000 Christmas turkeys to be culled in bird flu outbreak
- 6 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 7 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 8 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 9 Stubborn swan squares up to traffic in Norfolk village
- 10 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through Suffolk and Norfolk
She said: 'We did hear it but we don't know what it was. It sounded like a flare, like the ones they have in Cromer when the lifeboats go out.'
-Did you hear the bang or can you explain what it was? Email email@example.com