Band of the Life Guards to perform in Norfolk for the first time
Tickets are now on sale for a prom-style concert by the Band of the Life Guards in Dereham.
And organiser Paul Sandford is appealing for a coach to transport the band members to Dereham and back to London.
It will be the first time the prestigious band has played live in Norfolk and the concert is on Saturday September 22 from 7.30-10.30pm at Dereham Memorial Hall. Proceeds are for the Light Dragoons Colonel's Appeal.
Standing tickets cost �12 (�10 concessions) and there are 100 allocated seats, at the same prices.
Dress code is black tie for men and evening dresses for women.
Tickets are available from the Railway Tavern, Birds Sports and the Times office in Dereham High Street.
Mr Sandford is asking for any travel companies to offer a 50-seat coach to collect the band members from Hyde Park Barracks on the day of the concert at 11am and drop them back by 1.45am the next day.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 A47 reopens after serious crash
?Anyone who can help is asked to contact Ian Clarke at the Times office on 01362 854701 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org