Ballet and opera summer shows confirmed for Chapelfield big screen in Norwich
The Royal Opera House live big screen broadcasts set to be screened in Norwich this summer have been confirmed.
The BP Summer Big Screen performances, which will be screened on Chapelfield Plain, have been confirmed as The Royal Opera's La boh�me and Falstaff and The Royal Ballet's Metamorphosis: Titian 2012, which will feature as part of London Festival 2012.
The productions will be beamed live from Covent Garden to 27 locations around the UK.
La boh�me will be screened on the Chapelfield big screen at 7.30pm on Thursday, May 17, Falstaff at the same time on Wednesday, May 30 and Metamorphosis: Titian 2012 on Monday, July 16, also at 7.30pm.
Tony Hall, chief executive of the Royal Opera House and chair of the London 2012 Cultural Olympiad board, said: 'The BP Summer Big Screens are still the best way to introduce friends and family to the Royal Opera House and to world-class opera and ballet – and it's all absolutely free.
'We are very proud to be able to celebrate 25 years of such great quality al fresco screenings. With the generous support of BP we're providing the opportunity for people to enjoy unforgettable experiences in a range of wonderful venues across the UK.'
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 5 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 6 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 7 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 8 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 9 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 10 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast