Bake Off winner Nadiya Hussain visits West Runton restaurant for new TV series Nadiya’s British Food Adventure
- Credit: Chris Taylor Photography
Great British Bake Off winner Nadiya Hussain is swapping cakes for Cromer crab in her new BBC series.
Nadiya's British Food Adventure will see the 2015 Bake Off champion travel the country in search of the best of British cooking, visiting a different region in every episode.
The show's third episode will see Nadiya head to East Anglia in order to learn more about the food she loves to cook for her family.
Setting off to explore the region, her first stop is in Weybourne, where she boards a fishing boat for the first time to catch a Cromer crab with the help of Richard Matthews, who has worked as a fisherman in the area for 35 years.
After returning to dry land, the 32-year-old chef heads to the Matthews' family business, Rocky Bottoms takeaway crab and lobster cafe in West Runton, where she uses the catch of the day to create Vietnamese style crab summer rolls along with Richard's wife Alison.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Matthews said: 'We really enjoyed having Nadyia here at Rocky Bottoms. She embraced going out on our fishing boat with such tenacity, as it was a little rough! She then helped us prepare the catch back at our crab and lobster canteen, and with this she created delicious Vietnamese style crab summer rolls for us to enjoy in the evening.'
Rocky Bottoms opened in May 2015 and has quickly become a popular spot on the north Norfolk coast, delivering local shell food from pot to plate.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
Nadiya added: 'Our country's regional cuisine is much more than tried and tested traditional dishes - there are quirky and clever food producers out there who are reinventing British food in unique and exciting ways.
'I can't wait to meet these local food heroes, to find inspiration in the most unusual food stories and unlikely ingredients and then come up with some brand new recipes in the kitchen adding my own special twist.'
Catch Rocky Bottom's starring moment on Nadiya's British Food Adventure on BBC Two, Monday, July 31 from 8.30pm.