Bajestic the GoGoDragon! is Norfolk’s newest Scout
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Scouts have been having fun welcoming a new member into their community - their GoGoDragon! called Bajestic.
Dressed in a Scout shirt and decorated with an array of Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Explorers badges, Bajestic was revealed at an event at Eaton Vale Activity Centre on Thursday.
Scouts from across the county helped shape the final design of the dragon which was created by local artist Jess Copping.
Alex Gill, a Cub Scout with the 33rd Norwich, Colman Road, came up with Bajestic's name.
Norfolk Scout groups have also been taking part in dragon challenges, and a special Norfolk Scouts commemorative dragon badge has been created to link in with the GoGoDragons! trail.
Matthew Burrell, deputy county commissioner of Norfolk Scouts, said: 'Working with Break and our artist, Jess has been great fun. It has been great seeing the young people get involved in her design and naming, and hearing the feedback from the sections enjoying the Dragon Challenge.
'I hope that seeing Bajestic on the trail will open people's eyes to the world of Scouting and the opportunities it provides.'
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 3 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 4 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 5 Tractor stopped on A11 found to have faulty brakes
- 6 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 7 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 8 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 9 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 10 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
Eighty-four decorated dragons will be dotted around Norwich this summer for the GoGoDragons! charity art trail which is being led by children's charity Break and Wild in Art.
The trail will run from June 21 until September 5.
For more about GoGoDragons! visit www.gogodragons.co.uk