Bah humbug! Christmas tree stolen from Yaxham shop
Police are investigating after a Christmas tree was reported stolen from a village shop near Dereham.
The shop said the tree was taken from outside Yaxham Waters, in Dereham Road, Yaxham, at 4.10pm on Thursday.
The shop owners have released a CCTV image following the theft.
Owner Pablo Dimoglou said a man had left without paying for the tree and had later been seen walking along the Yaxham to Dereham Road.
Mr Dimoglou said: 'It was fairly windy so staff noticed the display trees had fallen over and went out to stand them up.
'That's when they realised one was missing.
'It is the last thing you would expect someone to steal. You know some of the lower rungs in society steal charity boxes but no one steals in Yaxham.
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 3 Lowestoft's new beach huts hit the market at £30,000 each
- 4 Dog and group cut off by tide saved after being spotted waist-high in water
- 5 'Tesla-like' robot hub set for Norfolk former RAF base
- 6 'Don't demonise us', say holiday let owners
- 7 Couple put 'TARDIS' home with 'amazing' sea views up for sale for £475k
- 8 Former City star's wife tells of player's devastating dementia battle
- 9 BMW motorbike seized after rider found to have no licence or insurance
- 10 Driver with expired license overtakes police at 95mph
'It is really, really sad. Someone is going to be sitting at home and looking at that Christmas tree for the whole of the festive period knowing it was stolen.'
Mr Dimoglou said the reaction of the public had been fantastic and that he hoped it would help them and the police identify the culprit.
•Anyone with information should contact police on 101.