National chain to close store in Castle Mall shopping centre
- Credit: dudley racher
A bag store is closing its branch in the Castle Mall in Norwich amid shop closures for the company nationwide.
The Bags Etc. branch, which is situated on level two of the shopping centre, will close its doors today.
A spokesperson for Castle Mall said: 'We are sympathetic to the Bags Etc. staff that have been affected by the closure of the store.
'Castle Mall has a team of proactive leasing agents that will endeavour to bring a new name to Castle Mall in the near future.'
The closure comes a month after Argos closed its branch in the centre.
You may also want to watch:
But a new national chain is set to open in Castle Mall this week.
The Fragrance Shop is due to open a new store in the shopping centre on Saturday as part of country-wide expansion plans.
Tom Peters, spokesman for The Fragrance shop, said: 'Opening a new store in Castle Mall is a real coup for us.
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 3 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 4 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 7 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 8 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 9 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 10 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries
'Our aim is to strengthen our offering in Norfolk with this being our second store in Norwich.'
He added the store would 'strengthen the retail offering in the area'.
The Castle Mall store will be the chain's second in Norwich.