National chain to close store in Castle Mall shopping centre
- Credit: dudley racher
A bag store is closing its branch in the Castle Mall in Norwich amid shop closures for the company nationwide.
The Bags Etc. branch, which is situated on level two of the shopping centre, will close its doors today.
A spokesperson for Castle Mall said: 'We are sympathetic to the Bags Etc. staff that have been affected by the closure of the store.
'Castle Mall has a team of proactive leasing agents that will endeavour to bring a new name to Castle Mall in the near future.'
The closure comes a month after Argos closed its branch in the centre.
You may also want to watch:
But a new national chain is set to open in Castle Mall this week.
The Fragrance Shop is due to open a new store in the shopping centre on Saturday as part of country-wide expansion plans.
Tom Peters, spokesman for The Fragrance shop, said: 'Opening a new store in Castle Mall is a real coup for us.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
'Our aim is to strengthen our offering in Norfolk with this being our second store in Norwich.'
He added the store would 'strengthen the retail offering in the area'.
The Castle Mall store will be the chain's second in Norwich.