‘Back to business as usual’ - Engineers restore power to homes across East Anglia following Storm Doris
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Nearly all homes and businesses in East Anglia have had power restored to their properties after work was carried out by engineers this morning.
In an update shortly after 9am this morning UK Power Networks said power has been restored to 'all but a few isolated cases' following extensive damage caused by Storm Doris.
A spokesman said: 'We are back to business as usual today. If you are without power but haven't let us know, please call on 105.'
In total around 232,000 properties were affected by the storm on Thursday, and engineers carried out the equivalent of four weeks' work in one day yesterday.
The spokesman said: 'Customers who were still without power last night were contacted by customer services and vulnerable customers were offered additional assistance including hot food and overnight accommodation as required.
You may also want to watch:
'Using detailed forecasting to tract the path of the storm, extensive preparations were put in place to prepare, including additional resources in all roles to assist us with the restoration of supplies and keeping customers informed.'
Anyone who sees an overhead line down has been urged to call the emergency power cut helpline on 105.
The UK Power Networks website is displaying an interactive map showing details of all the power cuts.
- 1 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 2 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 3 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 10 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch