Babies at Norfolk and Norwich Hospital receive precious knitted bonnets from Australia
- Credit: Archant
Babies in Norfolk are benefiting from beautiful bonnets delivered from across the world this winter.
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital's KNIT4NICU campaign has not only inspired the Norfolk's knitters, but now also those in the Southern Hemisphere.
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) can receive babies from all across the region and now has taken delivery of knitted hats from the land down under.
Mrs Douglas, of Queensland, Australia, read about the Knit4NICU campaign in her monthly Knit Today magazine and took up her needles to help Norfolk's biggest hospital.
The Australian knitter sent a collection of hats for NICU and a note explaining how she had heard of the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Jane Bennett, Acting Matron of NICU, said: 'We know NICU holds a special place in people's hearts but to have received these lovely hats all the way from Australia makes us feel so humbled that people so far away take an interest in our work and want to help.'
Louise Cook, Fundraising manager said: 'Our KNIT4NICU campaign has been so successful thanks to the generosity of people from across the country but to receive support from 12,000 miles away is very special. I just would like to say again thank you to everyone who helps our hospital charity whether it is with knitting or donations.'
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 6 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 7 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 8 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 9 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 10 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
If you would like to support the hospital charity with a donation please contact Louise Cook on 01603 287107.
Currently the hospital has enough knitted items for the unit so is asking any knitters to send any items to the hospital later on in the year.