Aylsham’s new Post Office opens in Budgens
Months of uncertainty ended when Aylsham's Post Office officially opened in its new home in the town's Budgens store on Friday.
There were fears that the town would be left without a facility earlier this year, when the sub-postmaster stepped down.
But on July 5 the Hungate Street Post Office closed - and three days later the replacement opened at the Norwich Road supermarket.
Budgens manager Yvonne Ellis said the opening, which followed two days of fitting out, had gone 'very well', and the staff were reporting 'business as usual'.
The Hungate Street closure followed the resignation of sub-postmistress Lynn Westhorpe but Ms Ellis said other jobs at the branch had been secured and employees Caroline Payne, Christine McDowell and Elizabeth Carver had moved to Budgens to carry on their duties.
You may also want to watch:
They are joined in running the service by Ms Ellis and Budgens cash office supervisor Clare Dennis.
The Post Office gets about 3,500 customers per week, and Budgens hopes the extra visitors will boost the store's income.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 5 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 6 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 7 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
The Post Office will be open from 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, and 9am to 12.30pm on Saturdays.