Aylsham parking concerns prompt police warning
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Inconsiderate motorists in Aylsham are driving police round the bend.
Officers revealed they have been inundated with complaints about parking at the side of the busy A140 during the town's weekly car boot sale, which takes place every Saturday between 11am and 1pm.
Inspector Brian Sweeney, who is the area commander for Aylsham, said: 'The Easter weekend was especially busy and we received numerous reports of inconsiderate drivers parking on the A140 carriageway as well as on Burgh Road where 'no stopping' signage is clearly displayed.
'This is a busy road where parking and crossing in traffic is reckless and endangers both you and other road users.'
Mr Sweeney is advising motorists to park within the town instead.
You may also want to watch:
'Those found continuing to ignore the signage will face prosecution on future occasions. We appreciate the public's assistance with this.'
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 6 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000