Aylsham parking concerns prompt police warning
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Inconsiderate motorists in Aylsham are driving police round the bend.
Officers revealed they have been inundated with complaints about parking at the side of the busy A140 during the town's weekly car boot sale, which takes place every Saturday between 11am and 1pm.
Inspector Brian Sweeney, who is the area commander for Aylsham, said: 'The Easter weekend was especially busy and we received numerous reports of inconsiderate drivers parking on the A140 carriageway as well as on Burgh Road where 'no stopping' signage is clearly displayed.
'This is a busy road where parking and crossing in traffic is reckless and endangers both you and other road users.'
Mr Sweeney is advising motorists to park within the town instead.
'Those found continuing to ignore the signage will face prosecution on future occasions. We appreciate the public's assistance with this.'
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed