Aylsham man arrested after police pursuit in Cromer
A driver was arrested after being pursued through Cromer by police.
Officers were alerted to a Volvo being driven erratically along Roughton Road towards Cromer at around 1.40pm on Friday. When they located the vehicle in a car park in the town its occupants had gone.
They left the car being monitored by CCTV and when it moved off from the Cadogen Road area they were again alerted and began to follow it.
Officers attempted to stop the vehicle but it carried on driving and as they followed it they continued to try and bring it to a halt. The Volvo then collided with a wall on Roughton Road.
A 50-year-old man from Aylsham was arrested on suspicion of failing to stop, dangerous driving, failing to provide a specimen and driving without insurance. He was interviewed before being released on police bail pending further inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-year-old girl from Aylsham also received a reprimand for obstructing an officer.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab