Aylsham High School students raise �1,400 with fashion show
Catwalk kings and queens from Aylsham High School raised more than �1,000 towards their prom after hosting a glamorous fashion show.
The teens strutted their stuff in evening and day wear in front of a sold out audience at the school on Friday to raise funds for their end of year extravaganza.
Every year students embark on various fundraising activities in the run up to the prom to keep ticket prices down, and the fashion show was hailed a success after raising �1,400.
But students decided to donate a chunk of the money to the efforts of north Norfolk mums Sarah Morgan and Jo Samuels who are currently trekking through the himalayas in aid of Norfolk-based cancer charity The Big C.
Careers advisor Dianne Wade, who helped students organise the show, said it had been a 'fabulous' evening.
You may also want to watch:
'It's a great point in their school calendar and it gives them an opportunity to relax and have a fab evening,' she added.
She wished to thank Essence in North Walsham, Blossom and Green in Aylsham, Horatio menswear in Cromer and Catwalk Fashions, which supported the show by providing the outfits for the models.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab