Bonfire night fireworks returning to Aylsham
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A fireworks display is being relaunched in Aylsham after being cancelled last year due to the second coronavirus lockdown.
The event, organised by 1st Aylsham Scouts, will take place on Friday, November 5, in a field next to Woodgate Nursery on Cawston Road.
John Brown, scout leader, said he hopes the display will stop people setting off fireworks in their own gardens, as the town council had "a lot of issues" dealing with such incidents last year.
The Scouts used to run the event at Bure Valley School years ago but had to stop.
Gates open at 5.30pm, with a small display at 6pm and another bigger one at 10pm.
There will also be food vendors, craft stalls and fairground rides.
Des Fulcher, of Flash FX, the Tasburgh-based company putting on the display, said that plans for the event are "all going well".
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 5 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
- 6 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 7 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
- 8 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 9 Schools face classroom closures due to Covid
- 10 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
Tickets can be bought at Coxfords Butchers, JB Postle and Aylsham Town Hall.
Here are 9 other places you can watch fireworks in Norfolk this year.