Aylsham could get a new petrol station at old bathroom centre site
- Credit: Archant
A proposed application for a petrol station in Aylsham will be discussed at the town council meeting next week.
The Lindum Group are wanting to put a petrol station on the corner of the junction of Burgh Road and the A140.
The application will include the demolition and replacement of Aylsham Bathroom and Kitchen Centre, which was destroyed by fire two years ago.
The proposed development will include a traditional petrol filling station arrangement with eight dispenser fill locations on four islands under a canopy. It will also include a sales kiosk with retail opportunities.
The company said the proposal would help to meet a real and identifiable shortfall in petrol provision in the local area and in doing so have a positive visual impact on this prominent access into the town.
Sue Lake, Aylsham town clerk, said: 'It is certainly something that has been requested. The council will be discussing as to whether it will tie in with the proposed roundabout that it might be welcoming at that junction.
'It is fairly ridiculous at the moment to have to go to Norwich to fill up or further out to the coast.'
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
The group is asking for the public's comments before they put in the application form. To have your say and add feedback, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org between now and February 12.