Aylsham churchyard location for ice skating rink
Skating fans will have the chance to take to the 'ice' in Aylsham as part of the festive celebrations.
Aylsham's Christmas events will be launched in a flurry of activity in the Market Place to coincide with the town's lights switch-on.
The ice rink will be part of the attractions at Aylsham Frost Fayre being staged by Aylsham Business and Enterprise Forum (Abef). The Market Place will be closed to traffic for festive stalls and events and the ice rink will be in the churchyard.
The event from November 29 to December 1 is running alongside the Christmas lights switch on, which is on November 30, and will include shopping until 8pm on that night.
It also fits in with the larger of two regular farmers markets, with the event open daily from 9.30am-5.30pm. The ice rink, which will be a synthetic version, will open on November 29 and be in the town for three days.
The rink, which is 12m x 12m, can take 40 skaters at a time and the cost will be �5 for a 40-minute slot with tots free on the Thursday and Friday until 3pm along with a fee-paying adult. A family ticket will also be available for �18.50 (two adults/two children).
Abef chairman Deborah Blake said: 'We're hoping the Frost Fayre, along with the ice rink, will bring in the crowds. It's the first time the town has seen an ice rink in the centre and we hope young and old will all be able to come and have a go and get in the Christmas spirit.'
- 1 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 4 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 7 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 8 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 9 Award-winning Norwich pub celebrates 30 years in style
- 10 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses