Supermarket veterans honoured for 75 years' service
- Credit: Supplied by CT Baker Ltd
Three staff members at Budgens supermarket in Aylsham have been honoured for racking up a combined total of 75 years at the store.
Linda Mears, Yvonne Ellis and Susan Smith have each worked at the Norwich Road supermarket for 25 years.
Jane Gurney-Read, managing director of the CT Baker Group, which owns Budgens, said: “It makes us very proud to recognise the long-standing service and hard work of so many of our team members.
"That level of continuity is essential in helping us progress and maintain our excellent customer service. The success of the CT Baker Group is a direct result of all our team members’ commitment and loyalty, particularly at this trying time."
Each of the three ladies brings different talents to the Budgens team. Mrs Mears is a St Johns Ambulance volunteer, Mrs Ellis is known for her contributions to craft stalls and the creative visual displays she creates around the store, and Mrs Smith brings smiles to faces sharing her interest in amateur dramatics.
You may also want to watch:
Shane Woolston, store manager, organised a surprise ceremony for the trio on February 28, where they received gifts and a certificate each.
- 1 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 4 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 5 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 6 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 7 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 8 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 9 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 10 Police close section of A11 due to crash