Supermarket veterans honoured for 75 years' service
- Credit: Supplied by CT Baker Ltd
Three staff members at Budgens supermarket in Aylsham have been honoured for racking up a combined total of 75 years at the store.
Linda Mears, Yvonne Ellis and Susan Smith have each worked at the Norwich Road supermarket for 25 years.
Jane Gurney-Read, managing director of the CT Baker Group, which owns Budgens, said: “It makes us very proud to recognise the long-standing service and hard work of so many of our team members.
"That level of continuity is essential in helping us progress and maintain our excellent customer service. The success of the CT Baker Group is a direct result of all our team members’ commitment and loyalty, particularly at this trying time."
Each of the three ladies brings different talents to the Budgens team. Mrs Mears is a St Johns Ambulance volunteer, Mrs Ellis is known for her contributions to craft stalls and the creative visual displays she creates around the store, and Mrs Smith brings smiles to faces sharing her interest in amateur dramatics.
Shane Woolston, store manager, organised a surprise ceremony for the trio on February 28, where they received gifts and a certificate each.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 7 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 8 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword
- 9 Hotel landlord admits threatening man with axe
- 10 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia