Award-winning Ovington restaurant features on popular Channel 4 show
- Credit: IAN BURT
Their award-winning Norfolk restaurant is recommended by the Good Food Guide and Michelin Guide.
And now the owners of Brovey Lair, in Ovington, have tried to trump the competition in the bed and breakfast world.
Mike and Tina Pemberton, who have run the award-winning restaurant with rooms for 15 years, featured in last week's episodes of Channel 4 programme Four in a Bed.
The series sees four hoteliers host each other at their own establishments to eventually decide which presents the best value for money.
Mr Pemberton said: 'We did enjoy doing the show. We had a fantastic director, and the other guests were great. You get along with them, even if you don't get on during the show. We just tried to be ourselves.'
You may also want to watch:
Alongside the Pembertons were contestants from Wales, Herefordshire and Thurning, near Holt.
For their afternoon entertainment, the couple took their competitors for a salsa-dancing class at Watton Sports Centre.
- 1 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 2 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 9 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
Through the week Mr Pemberton said a rivalry brewed between his wife and another of the contestants, after Tina was allowed to cook the evening meal for the guests herself while her competitor, a cordon bleu-trained chef, was not.
Brovey Lair's alternative breakfast of Mexican and Californian food also caused a bit of a stir.
'The other contestants said it was a bit non-English. But we want our breakfast to be different – that is a trademark for us,' said Mr Pemberton.
The couple are no strangers to television. Together they have appeared in ITV's Posh Dinners and BBC Two series Restaurant in your Home, and were approached twice by Four in a Bed's producers before agreeing to take part in the show.
'We're award-winning, but that doesn't mean we get the footfall of restaurants in North Norfolk or Norwich,' said Mr Pemberton.
Have you appeared on television? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.