Award for King’s Lynn hotel based on historic site
Thirty years ago, the historic site of Knight's Hill was an abandoned farm and its derelict buildings were a sad sight on the outskirts of King's Lynn - but it is now an award-winning hotel.
Since then, it has been transformed into a popular hotel and spa complex which was recently been named among the best in the hotel group it belongs to.
And all 300 staff at Knights Hill Hotel are celebrating after winning the 'Hotel of the Year' title in the large hotel category at awards
with the Best Western group, which has 275 hotels among their members.
Bernard Ducker, the hotel's general manager, said: 'We are delighted to have achieved such an accolade. It is a testament to the hard work and dedication of the team.'
You may also want to watch:
Records dating back to 1243 show the site was part of Rising Deer Chase, a varied agricultural area, and marked as a farm on a map of the area dated 1588. The buildings were eventually converted into a hotel, which has been part of Best Western for over 28 years. Over the years it has added a healthclub, various extensions and most recently a spa.
It is now believed to be among the largest hotel employers in west Norfolk.
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 5 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 6 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 7 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 8 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 9 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 10 Giant Wheel soon to be 'operational' on popular seafront
Julie Gibson, marketing manager of the Abacus Hotels, said: 'Many of our employees are long-term staff members who have been here for a number of years. We even have someone who has worked here since August 1986 – and it means a lot to everyone that we have won this award.'
Knights Hill Hotel is part of Abacus Hotels, which also runs Orton Hall near Peterborough and the Le Strange Arms in Old Hunstanton, which was also nominated at the Best Western Awards.
Has your business recently won an award? Email firstname.lastname@example.org