Avoid Bracondale - city centre access road closes today for two weeks
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Delays can be expected for two weeks around County Hall in Norwich as Bracondale closes from today.
Motorists will have to avoid Bracondale between the County Hall roundabout and the King Street turn off - leading to Riverside - from 9.30am this morning to September 3.
The closure is part of a city council scheme to replace gullies in that part of the city to help with flooding issues.
The council has recommended using Ipswich Road and the A146 around through Lakenham Road, Barrett Road and Martineau Road as a diversion.
If the work is not finished by August 25, the road will be reopened for Bank Holiday Weekend and will resume the following Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
A council spokesman said the road would stay open in the outbound direction, and buses and emergency vehicles would not be affected by the closure.
The spokesman said: 'The work is being carried out to the most robust spec possible to minimise the need for future maintenance.'
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed