Autumn beach hut discounts ahead in north Norfolk
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
Cut price beach huts will be available in north Norfolk this autumn, after a successful spring campaign saw a surge in bookings.
Demand is high for the seaside shacks in the main summer season.
But North Norfolk Council has said it is also keen to keep them busy in spring and autumn.
A spring promotion saw weekly bookings in April and June treble from 55 to 187, doubling income from £2,145 to £5,190.
Cromer was the busiest, bringing in £2,677, Sheringham £1,680 and Mundesley £832.
You may also want to watch:
Now the council aims to repeat the scheme in the autumn with a 25pc discount rate on huts and chalets.
A council statement said: 'Having a base by the sea makes spending time at the beach so much easier, whether you use it to store beach essentials, as a place to get changed after a dip, or just want to shelter with a flask and a book from bracing breezes.'
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
Council deputy leader and cabinet member for corporate assets, Rhodri Oliver, said: 'Our fabulous resort beaches are always busy and we rarely have enough beach huts or chalets available to satisfy demand in the main summer holiday period. But earlier and later in the year we usually have a few vacancies. This year we thought it would be better to make them available at a lower price, so that they could all be used and enjoyed by more people. I hope lots of people will be able to take up this very special offer.
'The spring beach hut and chalet offer was a great success, bringing much enjoyment for local people and visitors, along with welcome additional income for the council. I really hope as many people will feel able to take advantage of the autumn discount.'
Subject to availability, the special offer applies to weekly lets of beach huts and chalets in Mundesley, Sheringham and Cromer from September 6 to November 1.
Prices normally start at £45 per week, so with the 25pc discount the figure will drop to not much more than £30, or less than £5 a day, for up to a maximum of three weeks.
For more information call 01263 516067 or visit www.northnorfolk.org.