Autistic teenager on a mission to play every church organ in Norfolk
- Credit: Ollie Welling
An autistic teenager is on a fundraising mission to play every organ in Norfolk.
Sixteen year old Ollie Welling, from Dereham, wants to raise £1,000 to pay for two new church bells at his local bell ringing tower in Swanton Morley.
All Saints church currently has six bells and has been given permission to install the extra pair if they can raise the money.
Ollie, a self taught pianist with a passion for Bach, has taken on the challenge.
He said: 'I have been very lucky to be able to play a few organs in Norfolk Churches but what I would really love to do is play every organ in Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
'The money I hope to raise by doing this will be given to All Saints Swanton Morley Centenery Memorial Bell Appeal.'
One of the two bells will be a special commemorative edition of the First World War armistice centenary.
Find out more about Ollie's mission here.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 3 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 4 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 5 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 6 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 7 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 8 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk