Author launches book about Cromer Summertime Special show
- Credit: Archant
An author who travelled seven hours to visit Cromer pier theatre every summer has confirmed the release date a book about the attraction.
Martin Gore's new book 'The Road to Cromer Pier' is about the lives and loves of the cast of the end of the pier show and draws on childhood holiday experiences.
Mr Gore said: "Writing a work of fiction about a real place is a real challenge. The Summertime Special Show is an iconic piece of British theatre, and the only full season end of the pier show left in the world.
"It is a West End standard show, so my story needed to reflect that too."
The book was written with the help of Cromer Pier Theatre management, and the launch coincides with the start of the new summertime special season.
You may also want to watch:
The Road to Cromer Pier is officially launched on the pier itself on June 28.
The book is available on Amazon and in Waterstones.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church