Author comes to Diss for book signing
- Credit: Archant
He has lived around the world for nearly 40 years, but now, after returning to the region he is coming to Diss to sign copies of his new book.
John Taylor will be at the Diss Publishing Bookshop to sign copies of his book, I Will Find You.
The author, who grew up in Little Port, near Thetford Forest, has lived all across the world, using many cultural influences in his writing.
The book follows a three-year-old from Mepal, near Ely, who in 1943 is taken away from his mother. He finds himself in Australia, in the a cruel Clontarf Boys Town, he runs away to live with Aboriginals in the outback until, as a young man, he sets out to search for his mother.
As his records were deliberately destroyed and his name changed it becomes an almost impossible task. At the same time his mother is trying to find him.
You may also want to watch:
The book signing will take place from 10.30am till 1pm on Saturday, December 9.
Mr Taylor now lives in Cambridgehsire and Cambridge City Library have placed a copy of I Will Find You in its vaults.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 7 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools