Film director issues urgent casting call for extras in upcoming feature
- Credit: JAMES BASS PHOTOGRAPHY
The casting director of an upcoming feature film based in Norfolk has issued an urgent call for locals to try out their acting skills by auditioning as extras.
Open auditions will be held at The Drill House in Great Yarmouth tonight at 6.30pm for 'Provisional Figures'- a film exploring themes of migration and integration by Portuguese film director Marco Martins.
SeaChange Arts, a cultural charity collaborating with Mr Martins in Yarmouth, is encouraging people of all backgrounds and experiences to come along and give it a go.
Taking influence from a theatre production of the same name, showcased at Norfolk and Norwich Festival in 2018, Provisional Figures is expected to achieve international acclaim.
Zé Pires, casting director, said: "This is a chance for everyone to try out their acting ambitions for a chance to work together with an international team."
You may also want to watch:
Chief Executive of SeaChange, Joe Mackintosh, also stressed that this film will be "deeply personal" to the cast and town, and is a great opportunity for local artists to delve further into Great Yarmouth's vibrant cultural scene.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 4 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 7 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 8 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 9 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 10 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre