Audiovisual boost for Newton Flotman Village Centre thanks to the Big Lottery Fund
The team at a community centre are hoping a £4,643 grant from the Big Lottery Fund will help revitalise social activities in their village.
The fund has awarded the Newton Flotman Village Centre the money to pay for state-of-the-art audio visual equipment including a big screen, projector and speakers.
Barry Adams, the centre’s management committee chairman, said the venue would now be able to host cinema evenings, show sports events live, and the equipment would also be available to private groups hiring the centre.
He said: “The village centre’s management committee is working really hard to try and re-vitalise community life in Newton Flotman, and the award of this grant will make a big difference to what we can do.
“I am very grateful to the Big Lottery Fund, and of course to all the players of the National Lottery.”
The centre is in Grove Way.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 3 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 4 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 5 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 6 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 7 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 10 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades