Audiences thrilled by Toftwood school’s magical panto
- Credit: Ian Burt
It's usually performed by adults for children but pupils at Toftwood Infant School turned pantomime on its head by putting on a show for parents and guests.
Year 2 children delighted their audiences with their Christmas production of Aladdin, even getting a visit from the Mayor of Dereham.
All 89 children worked hard together to learn a variety of songs, dances and lines to tell the story.
The audience was treated to a silver limousine to take Jasmine and Aladdin to the wedding, a wedding scene with full costume, Wishy Washy's laundry and an insight into the cave.
Jasmine had three costume changes in the play which took a lot of practising and the audience enjoyed seeing the antics of the two baddies who worked for Abanazar and also the work of the guitar playing genie who magically appeared during the play.
You may also want to watch:
Head teacher, Joanna Pedlow, said the children had really embraced the pantomime and had all worked together as a team to put on a fantastic performance for everyone.
'It really brought out the best in all of our children,' she said.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
'Those who have previously been quite shy and reluctant to join in really shone in the performance, even when other cast members were absent and they had to learn extra lines or stand in at short notice.
'Their enthusiasm and commitment to the play was amazing.
'We were so grateful for all of the efforts made by the parents to supply such fabulous costumes for the children and to all of the staff for their efforts to put on such a great play.'