Audiences thrilled by Toftwood school’s magical panto
- Credit: Ian Burt
It's usually performed by adults for children but pupils at Toftwood Infant School turned pantomime on its head by putting on a show for parents and guests.
Year 2 children delighted their audiences with their Christmas production of Aladdin, even getting a visit from the Mayor of Dereham.
All 89 children worked hard together to learn a variety of songs, dances and lines to tell the story.
The audience was treated to a silver limousine to take Jasmine and Aladdin to the wedding, a wedding scene with full costume, Wishy Washy's laundry and an insight into the cave.
Jasmine had three costume changes in the play which took a lot of practising and the audience enjoyed seeing the antics of the two baddies who worked for Abanazar and also the work of the guitar playing genie who magically appeared during the play.
Head teacher, Joanna Pedlow, said the children had really embraced the pantomime and had all worked together as a team to put on a fantastic performance for everyone.
'It really brought out the best in all of our children,' she said.
- 1 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 2 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 3 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 Murder inquiry launched after teenager stabbed to death in Norwich
- 6 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 7 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 8 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident
- 9 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 10 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
'Those who have previously been quite shy and reluctant to join in really shone in the performance, even when other cast members were absent and they had to learn extra lines or stand in at short notice.
'Their enthusiasm and commitment to the play was amazing.
'We were so grateful for all of the efforts made by the parents to supply such fabulous costumes for the children and to all of the staff for their efforts to put on such a great play.'