Audi TT RS off the mark... quickly
- Credit: Audi
The new Audi TT RS will be available for order in the UK later this month, with prices starting at £51,800 for the Coupé version of the all-wheel drive sports car.
Audi will also produce a convertible TT RS Roadster, which will cost from £53,550.
Both will be powered by a 2.5-litre, five-cylinder petrol engine that produces 395bhp and 480Nm of torque.
In Coupé guise, it will propel the TT RS from 0 to 62mph in 3.7 seconds, while the Roadster will take 3.9 seconds. Both have a limited top speed of 155mph. However, customers will have the option of specifying the Dynamic Package Plus, which lifts the top speed to 174mph. It also includes a sports exhaust system that emphasises the five-cylinder engine note.
Power will be sent to all four wheels via Audi's seven-speed S-Tronic transmission, which is now 2kg lighter in a bid to aid performance.
You may also want to watch:
The Audi Drive Select system allows drivers to personalise the gearbox's shift characteristics. It can be set to comfort, auto, dynamic or individual modes.
Audi claims the TT RS can now achieve 34.4mpg combined in Coupé form, and 34mpg in Roadster configuration. CO2 emissions are 187g/km and 189g/km for the Coupé and Roadster respectively.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
A series of exterior changes have been introduced to distinguish the TT RS from the rest of the TT range, including larger air intakes, standard 19in wheels, a fixed rear wing and more aggressive-looking body kit.
In the cabin there are sports seats finished in Nappa leather, while the steering wheel features both leather and Alcantara. Audi's Virtual Cockpit featuring a 12.3in display is also included.
The first customer deliveries will begin in November.