Audi TT RS off the mark... quickly
- Credit: Audi
The new Audi TT RS will be available for order in the UK later this month, with prices starting at £51,800 for the Coupé version of the all-wheel drive sports car.
Audi will also produce a convertible TT RS Roadster, which will cost from £53,550.
Both will be powered by a 2.5-litre, five-cylinder petrol engine that produces 395bhp and 480Nm of torque.
In Coupé guise, it will propel the TT RS from 0 to 62mph in 3.7 seconds, while the Roadster will take 3.9 seconds. Both have a limited top speed of 155mph. However, customers will have the option of specifying the Dynamic Package Plus, which lifts the top speed to 174mph. It also includes a sports exhaust system that emphasises the five-cylinder engine note.
Power will be sent to all four wheels via Audi's seven-speed S-Tronic transmission, which is now 2kg lighter in a bid to aid performance.
The Audi Drive Select system allows drivers to personalise the gearbox's shift characteristics. It can be set to comfort, auto, dynamic or individual modes.
Audi claims the TT RS can now achieve 34.4mpg combined in Coupé form, and 34mpg in Roadster configuration. CO2 emissions are 187g/km and 189g/km for the Coupé and Roadster respectively.
- 1 A47 reopens after it was closed for six hours due to crash
- 2 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 3 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 4 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 5 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 6 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 9 What's next for 'the biggest development in the region?'
- 10 'You look just like her' Shop worker mistook The Queen for look-a-like
A series of exterior changes have been introduced to distinguish the TT RS from the rest of the TT range, including larger air intakes, standard 19in wheels, a fixed rear wing and more aggressive-looking body kit.
In the cabin there are sports seats finished in Nappa leather, while the steering wheel features both leather and Alcantara. Audi's Virtual Cockpit featuring a 12.3in display is also included.
The first customer deliveries will begin in November.