Auction in aid of EACH charity goes from strength to strength
- Credit: Archant
An online auction in aid of East Anglia's Children's Hospices has attracted numerous offers of support since its launch at the beginning of the year.
Russell Baker, Lord of Little Moulton, who lives in Bracon Ash, near Wymondham, has organised the auction on behalf of the charity, which has hospices in Quidenham, Ipswich and Milton.
He hopes to raise £10,000 with lots including a baby hamper donated by the Duchess of Cambridge, artwork from the Artique Gallery in Norwich, an RBS Six Nations rugby shirt signed by the Welsh captain and a signed Norwich City football.
Lord Baker said: 'The response so far from the business community in East Anglia has been outstanding; we've got support ranging from local beauty technicians and national heritage organisations, East Anglia theme parks, sporting events, high-class jewellers and national balloon flights, but the emphasis is still focused upon local East Anglia-based businesses.'
Barclays Bank has also offered four members of its staff to oversee the event, and who will be able to donate up to £750 as part of the company's 'matched giving' initiative.
You may also want to watch:
Laura Shearing, EACH's Norfolk fundraiser, said: 'We're absolutely delighted that Lord Baker generously chose our hospices and the marvellous services they provide to benefit from his fundraising efforts. The involvement of the community and local businesses in the event really is an inspiration and we cannot thank those that have contributed enough for their enthusiasm and dedication in supporting EACH.'
A prize presentation evening will be held on June 6 from 6pm to 9pm at the Artique Gallery, Norwich. Tickets are £10.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 8 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 9 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners
- 10 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
The auction, which is live until midnight on May 31, can be found at www.each-charity-auction.org.uk