Auction for Diss church window fund
An auction of promises event will take place in Diss next month to raise funds for the St Mary's Church window appeal.
The auction at the Diss Corn Hall on Friday, September 9 has already generated a host of donations, which will be coordinated by auctioneer Mike Sarson, of TW Gaze.
Organiser Alan Crowest said the response and generosity of sponsors and donors has been 'phenomenal'.
Companies and individuals have already offered an hour's flight for two people, various hotel and restaurant offers, match-day tickets to both Norwich City and Ipswich Town, hair and beauty treatments, sports and leisure memberships, DIY and decorating services, self-catering breaks, festive foods, a West End theatre trip, tea for two at the House of Commons and Lords and a signed Delia Smith cookbook.
The parish church launched an appeal earlier this year to raise �78,000 to re-lead the stained glass east window at St Mary's and three other windows.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the auction of promises are �5 each and are available from the parish office in Mount Street, Diss, and on 01379 643783.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 6 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 7 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 10 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone