Attleborough woman who lost 6st in 12 months named town’s Slimming World ‘Woman of the Year’
- Credit: Archant
A woman who lost six stone amd 12.5lb in a year has been named the Attleborough Slimming World 'Woman of the Year'.
Rosalyne Harris, 26, said she was thrilled with the achievement, which came after she joined the group in August last year.
Ms Harris said she had gone from a dress size 20 to a 12 over the period.
She said: 'When I started out I never dreamt I'd be able to achieve all that I have.
'It's changed my life. My health is better, I have more energy and I'm much happier now – I definitely feel more comfortable in my own skin.'
Ms Harris said she had felt her confidence grow as her waistline shrank throughout the year.
She said: 'I remember feeling like there was no hope when it came to my weight but I've realised that when people believe in you – and you believe in yourself – you can do anything you set your mind to.
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 3 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 4 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 5 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 6 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 7 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 8 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 9 Farm launching wild camping with breakfast hampers and street food nights
- 10 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
'I really hope my weight loss can inspire other people to get started on their own journey and know that there's a whole group of people waiting to support them every step of the way.'
Jenni Lotarius, who runs Attleborough's Monday evening Slimming World groups, said: 'I'm so proud of Rosalyne.
'She's a fantastic ambassador for Slimming World and what she's achieved is nothing short of incredible.
'She's a huge inspiration to everyone in our group and I hope she inspires other women – and men – in Attleborough to change their lives in the same way.'
The group meets at the Methodist church in London Road at 5.30pm and 7.30pm, call 01953 529985 or 07917 866082 for more information.