Attleborough woman who lost 6st in 12 months named town’s Slimming World ‘Woman of the Year’
- Credit: Archant
A woman who lost six stone amd 12.5lb in a year has been named the Attleborough Slimming World 'Woman of the Year'.
Rosalyne Harris, 26, said she was thrilled with the achievement, which came after she joined the group in August last year.
Ms Harris said she had gone from a dress size 20 to a 12 over the period.
She said: 'When I started out I never dreamt I'd be able to achieve all that I have.
'It's changed my life. My health is better, I have more energy and I'm much happier now – I definitely feel more comfortable in my own skin.'
You may also want to watch:
Ms Harris said she had felt her confidence grow as her waistline shrank throughout the year.
She said: 'I remember feeling like there was no hope when it came to my weight but I've realised that when people believe in you – and you believe in yourself – you can do anything you set your mind to.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
'I really hope my weight loss can inspire other people to get started on their own journey and know that there's a whole group of people waiting to support them every step of the way.'
Jenni Lotarius, who runs Attleborough's Monday evening Slimming World groups, said: 'I'm so proud of Rosalyne.
'She's a fantastic ambassador for Slimming World and what she's achieved is nothing short of incredible.
'She's a huge inspiration to everyone in our group and I hope she inspires other women – and men – in Attleborough to change their lives in the same way.'
The group meets at the Methodist church in London Road at 5.30pm and 7.30pm, call 01953 529985 or 07917 866082 for more information.