Attleborough hails new bus link to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
- Credit: IAN BURT
Bus travellers will soon be able to travel direct from Attleborough to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital thanks to the extension of a Konectbus route.
From Sunday, September 17, the bus firm will run its number 9 service from Attleborough, rather than Wymondham's Market Place, through to the hospital. It follows a request by Attleborough Town Council and councillor Anthony Busk to have the route extended.
A joint statement from the council said: 'This will cut out the long and sometimes hazardous trek through Norwich city.
'The company is also working with the council's exciting neighbourhood plan growth strategy to ensure there will be links across the town and into Norwich, the hospital and elsewhere.'
Steve Royal, Konectbus operations manager, said: 'We try our hardest to ensure that routes are there to help the current and
future residents of Norfolk to travel efficiently around the county.'
Konectbus also plans to extend its fast X6 route into Norwich Railway Station, and has re-timed its fast service from Norwich interchange to Dereham so that it meets the Attleborough bus.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 4 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 7 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?