Attleborough family hope to find Good Samaritan who gave Norwich granddad precious time to say goodbye
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
An Attleborough mother-of-three is trying to trace the mystery medic who battled to save her grandad's life when he suffered a heart attack, giving the family precious time to say goodbye.
When Maurice Flood went into cardiac arrest while walking home from Waitrose in Eaton on the morning of Monday, November 30, the Good Samaritan fought to keep him alive and made sure the 80-year-old was quickly sent to hospital.
Although Mr Flood, a former cameraman and speedway rider, died 10 days later, his granddaughter Jacqui Flood said it gave his loved ones some final time together.
The 31-year-old has since turned to Facebook in an attempt to track them down, but, initially believing the incident happened inside the supermarket, has so far had no luck.
'We would just really like to say thank you,' she said. 'He had a few days where he was more aware of what was going on and told us he loved us. It gave us all a chance to say goodbye which was really important.'
Sales assistant Mrs Flood, of Morar Drive, said her 'wonderful' grandad was a big part of her upbringing.
'He really helped a lot with raising me,' she said. 'I used to spend a lot of weekends with him and we were really close, so it's been difficult.'
- 1 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 2 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 5 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 6 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 7 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 8 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 9 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 10 Great Yarmouth's model village Banksy sold at auction
Mr Flood, whose brother Malcolm was a well-known speedway rider, collapsed near the flyover on Bluebell Road.
If you are the Good Samaritan or have any information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07584 311473.