Attempted theft from Holt car-park machine
A car-park ticket machine has been vandalised in a failed theft attempt.
The North Norfolk District Council machine, which is still in working order, was damaged between Sunday and Monday morning, October 16 and 17.
John Rest, the council's cabinet member for assets said: 'The police have been informed and we would like to hear from anyone who may have seen the incident taking place. The council has a policy of prosecuting offences and we will make no exception in this instance.'
The attempted thieves appear to have tried to crow-bar open the cash-box door.
Anyone with any information should contact the police on 101.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting