Gaming shop’s weekend extravaganza to boost charity appeal
- Credit: Archant
Gamers in the Norwich area will help boost a charity appeal by taking part in a weekend of activities for a popular game shop's anniversary.
Athena Games will not just celebrate its five year history this weekend, but also help The Nook appeal.
The Nook Appeal is run by East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) to raise £10m for the building of a new hospice in Framingham Earl.
The board gaming, wargaming, roleplaying and card gaming venue and shop, in St Gregorys Alley, will host an open demo library of games with demonstrations throughout August 18 and 19 from 10am.
On August 18 there will be a quiz and chips at 6pm at £5 per head.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday will see a mass-participation of Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40,000, a pay-to-influence roleplay session for £5, and an Orction (auction) at 2pm.
For more information visit https://athenagames.com
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban