At the sharp end: South Norfolk tree surgeons are among the best in the UK
- Credit: Archant
A father-and-son team proved they can cut it with the best after being named among the top 10 tree surgeons in the UK.
Alan Garnham and his son, Kristian, of Waveney Tree Specialists in Hoxne, competed in the UK Logging Championships in North Wales.
The competition tests the skills of the tree surgeon and is based on accuracy, precision and speed, with measurements made in millimetres and timed to a hundredth of a second.
Kristian Garnham, 27, took the title in the individual event for changing the bar and chain on a chainsaw, completing the swap in 12.10 seconds.
Overall, after other events including felling a tree, precision cutting of a log, speed cutting of timber and removing branches from a fallen tree, he and his father, 62, came eighth and ninth in the country, respectively.
You may also want to watch:
The top three will represent the UK in the World Championships next year.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 7 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys