Asda reveals Wymondham football club relocation plan
Proposals for a new supermarket in Wymondham would result in the town's football club relocating to Ketts Park, according to the retailer behind the plans.
Asda will be staging a public consultation this week for a project that could see the construction of a food store on Kings Head Meadow.
The company revealed that it planned to build a 23,000sqft store, similar to the size of the Waitrose on the edge of town, on the site of Wymondham Town Football Club off Back Lane.
Asda spokesman Chris Martin said an integral part of the overall scheme is the relocation of the football club to new premises at Ketts Park and enhancements to Ketts Park.
He added that the plans would result in a 'significant' shopper footfall in Wymondham
You may also want to watch:
'We are very aware of the extent to which our plans have already been discussed in the town and are keen to fully explain the proposal to local people. Now that we have detailed plans in place we are keen to share them and listen to feedback.'
'A new Asda store would encourage shoppers to stay local, helping to draw trade back to the town centre and would also create 200 new jobs for local people. We look forward to talking to as many people as possible at our exhibition on Friday and Saturday,' he said.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
The Asda exhibition will be held between 1pm and 7pm on Friday and between 10am and 2pm on Saturday at Wymondham Central Hall.