Asda customers in East Anglia faced long queues due to problems with card machines
- Credit: Steve Adams
Shoppers across East Anglia were faced with long queues as Asda experienced problems with its card machines across the country.
The supermarket chain said it was working on the issue after scores of shoppers took to social media to complain about the delays.
People posted photos of cashiers using old-fashioned card-readers, while others said stores were only accepting cash.
An Asda spokeswoman said: 'We are in the process of resolving a technical issue with our card payment system in stores.
'We're continuing to process payments as quickly as we can but apologise to our customers for the inconvenience this has caused.'
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 4 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 5 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 6 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 7 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'