Asbestos warning as firefighters tackle large farm blaze at Felmingham
- Credit: Archant
People living near the village of Felmingham in north Norfolk were being told to keep doors and windows shut on Sunday after a farm building containing asbestos caught fire.
Norfolk Fire Service said several engines were sent to deal with the blaze at 11.30am on Stow Heath Road.
Smoke could be seen from about one mile away, according to one eyewitness.
Police closed the area off as asbestos was in the building on fire. Stow Heath Road was shut and the fire was brought under control by the early afternoon.
A neighbour said he thought the fire was in a stable and workshop and farm machinery and gas bottles were stored there.
You may also want to watch:
He said he heard popping sounds as if gas bottles were exploding.
It is thought there are two or three houses next to the property.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 4 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 5 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 6 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 10 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety