Asbestos killed Gorleston man
A former insulation worker from Gorleston has died after he was exposed to asbestos in the 1970s.
Barry Harris, of Emmanuel Ave, died on December 21 a the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston, an inquest in Norwich heard today .
The 59-year-old, who was born in London, worked in the insulation industry.
He was diagnosed with asbestos related pleural thickening in 1983 and he died of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease contributed to by being exposed to asbestos.
Greater Norfolk Coroner William Armstrong said: 'He had a history of being exposed to asbestos during his working life. Sadly he did not respond to treatment.'
Mr Harris was married to his wife Mary for 34 years.