Artistic director leaves the Maddermarket Theatre in Norwich
A Norwich theatre's Christmas show will continue as planned despite the departure of the venue's artistic director.
Genevieve Raghu, who joined the Maddermarket Theatre team earlier this year, is no longer the venue's artistic director but the show she was planning to put on in December – The Railway Children – will still be performed under a different director.
Les Hoare, the theatre's general manager, said he could confirm that Miss Raghu had left but said he could not comment further about the situation.
He added: 'I can also confirm that The Railway Children, our Christmas show, will be directed by Peter Sowerbutts and the designer for the show will be John Stokes.
'The 2013 theatre season will also be announced very shortly.'
You may also want to watch:
Miss Raghu, a former Norwich High School student and a graduate of the University of Warwick, joined the theatre in February with an impressive array of theatre experience under her belt from her time in London and Warwickshire.
She made her directorial debut at the Maddermarket with the Noel Coward comedy Present Laughter,
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 3 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 4 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 5 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 6 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 7 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 'We'll be forced back on the roads' - travellers' plea at site hearing
- 10 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case
Soon after Miss Raghu joined the theatre she spoke of how she thought the Maddermarket was an incredible resource and that she wanted to use her experience to further the Maddermarket's achievements.
Stephen Picton, who was the director of productions at the Maddermarket before Miss Raghu became artistic director, also left the organisation after less than a year with the theatre in July 2011. The Evening News was unable to contact Miss Raghu.
The Railway Children is being performed at the Maddermarket from December 19 to January 5. Visit www.maddermarket.co.uk
Do you have a story about the arts? Call reporter Emma Knights on 01603 772428 or email email@example.com