Artificial football pitch in Long Stratton is backed by FA funding
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A new artificial grass pitch in Long Stratton, which will address the sporting needs of the community, will be given significant funding from the FA and Premier League.
The 3G pitch is being funded by contributions from South Norfolk Council, Long Stratton High School and Long Stratton Football Club and will receive £216,598 from the Premier League and The FA Facilities Fund, which supports grassroots projects.
The 78 meters by 52 meters pitch, which will be built on land to the south/west of the leisure centre on Swan Lane, will be suitable for competitive use for up to nine-a-side matches and includes three five-a-side pitches.
It is the first step in the creation of a multisport hub across three sites which will cost about £2.5 million.
South Norfolk Council and partners including Long Stratton Parish Council are working on the other aspects which will include a new pavilion at Manor Road playing fields, sporting facilities at Long Stratton High School and the redevelopment of the leisure centre.
Councillor Clayton Hudson said: 'The confirmation of funding from the Premier League and The FA Facilities Fund is excellent news for the residents of Long Stratton and the surrounding area.
'The health and well-being of our residents is a priority for the council and this is the next step in our investment in leisure facilities across the district.'
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 3 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 4 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 5 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 6 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 7 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 8 Soldier from Norwich jailed over rape of girl
- 9 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 10 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend