Famous Norwich pub bought by city brewery
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A historic and eye-catching Norwich pub has been bought by a city brewery and is set to reopen in September.
The Artichoke on Magdalen Road has been snapped up by Golden Triangle Brewery, which brews beers including Citropolis and Mosaic City - champion beer of Britain 2016.
The brewery said on its Facebook page, accompanied by a photo of The Artichoke: 'Oh, btw, did we mention that we just bought a pub?'
Everard Cole commercial property consultancy tweeted: 'EXCHANGED - Artichoke, #Norwich. Delighted that this much-loved #pub will become part of the @GoldenTriangleB family next week.'
Meanwhile, a Twitter profile @artichokepub was set up last month with the description: 'Art & Craft for Norwich NR3. We are opening the doors of the new Artichoke in autumn. Join us in celebration of this historic landmark.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats