Famous Norwich pub bought by city brewery
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A historic and eye-catching Norwich pub has been bought by a city brewery and is set to reopen in September.
The Artichoke on Magdalen Road has been snapped up by Golden Triangle Brewery, which brews beers including Citropolis and Mosaic City - champion beer of Britain 2016.
The brewery said on its Facebook page, accompanied by a photo of The Artichoke: 'Oh, btw, did we mention that we just bought a pub?'
Everard Cole commercial property consultancy tweeted: 'EXCHANGED - Artichoke, #Norwich. Delighted that this much-loved #pub will become part of the @GoldenTriangleB family next week.'
Meanwhile, a Twitter profile @artichokepub was set up last month with the description: 'Art & Craft for Norwich NR3. We are opening the doors of the new Artichoke in autumn. Join us in celebration of this historic landmark.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 2 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 4 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 5 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Water outages hit homes across city
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 People released from car after crash closes road
- 10 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks