Famous Norwich pub bought by city brewery
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A historic and eye-catching Norwich pub has been bought by a city brewery and is set to reopen in September.
The Artichoke on Magdalen Road has been snapped up by Golden Triangle Brewery, which brews beers including Citropolis and Mosaic City - champion beer of Britain 2016.
The brewery said on its Facebook page, accompanied by a photo of The Artichoke: 'Oh, btw, did we mention that we just bought a pub?'
Everard Cole commercial property consultancy tweeted: 'EXCHANGED - Artichoke, #Norwich. Delighted that this much-loved #pub will become part of the @GoldenTriangleB family next week.'
Meanwhile, a Twitter profile @artichokepub was set up last month with the description: 'Art & Craft for Norwich NR3. We are opening the doors of the new Artichoke in autumn. Join us in celebration of this historic landmark.'
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 3 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 4 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 5 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 6 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 7 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 8 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 9 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 10 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route