Art trail will celebrate Diss cyclathon
- Credit: Archant
To coincide with the inaugural Diss Cyclathon, which takes place next month, a teenager has organised a public exhibition of decorated bicycle wheels in the town.
Holly Dawson, who attends the sixth form at Diss High School, contacted businesses and organisations around the town to see if they would like to decorate a bicycle wheel - which were donated by cycle shops in Diss and Norwich.
So far 41 businesses, charities and individuals have decorated a wheel.
The 16-year-old said: 'I was inspired by a piece of artwork in Norway that a member of the Diss Corn Hall had seen. It was an arrangement of cycle wheels so it linked to the cyclathon.
'We were not expecting it to be so successful. We thought around 20 wheels would be great.'
You may also want to watch:
The youngster is currently a member of the Diss Corn Hall Arts Award group.
The group offers a national qualification and the teenager is using the exhibition to work towards her gold award.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 Queuing for petrol - a tale as old as time
She added: 'Art is more my hobby. Organising the exhibition is not as much work as I thought it would be.'
The wheels will be displayed around the town from June 12 to 26.
The cyclathon will take place on Sunday, June 19.
To take part in the art trail, email email@example.com and mark it for the attention of Holly.