Arrest made after man dies in Lowestoft
A POLICE investigation was underway in Lowestoft today (Thursday) after a man died at an address in Kirkley.
A Suffolk police spokesman said officers were initially called by the ambulance service just after 11.10am this morning to reports that a man in his 30s had died at the address in St John's Road.
She said: 'Despite attempts by the ambulance crew to revive the man, he was pronounced dead at the scene.'
Detectives confirmed a 32-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of supplying controlled drugs.
'He has been taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre where he will be interviewed by officers,' the police spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
'As is standard procedure, the death is being treated as unexplained and an investigation is underway into what happened.'
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?