Man arrested for drug driving after police chase through city centre
- Credit: Charlie Coe
Police are appealing for dashcam footage of a police chase which raced through city centre streets on Thursday.
Around 5.30pm a Citroen Xsara failed to stop for officers on Yarmouth Road, before being pursued through the city to Finkelgate, where they were brought to a stop.
Officers from the city centre Operation Moonshot team gave chase in two vehicles, one of which was damaged in the pursuit.
Officers pursued the driver from Rosary Road to Ber Street between the junctions of City Road and Finkelgate, where they cut off and then detained him.
The incident came to an abrupt end at just after 5.30pm when the driver hit the curb and punctured his front passenger side wheel.
A 25-yearold man was arrested and remains in custody.
A Norfolk Police spokesperson said: 'The driver has been arrested for a number of offences, including drug driving and is currently awaiting interview at Wymondham PIC.
- 1 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 2 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 3 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 4 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 5 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 6 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 7 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 8 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 9 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 10 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
'We are appealing that if any members of the public happen to have any dashcam footage to get in touch.