Arrest after car overturns
IAN CLARKE A 23-year-old student from Lithuania was arrested on suspicion of drink driving after his vehicle crashed and ended upside down in a ditch.
A 23-year-old student from Lithuania was arrested on suspicion of drink driving after his vehicle crashed and ended upside down in a ditch.
The man and his passenger had to be freed from the Volkswagen Golf by two fire crews following the accident at Watton Road, Ashill, at about 8am on Sunday.
The crews from Watton and Swaffham had to use specialist equipment and air bags to carry out the rescue and stabilise the car in the ditch.
The operation took about 90 minutes and the road remained closed until about 10.45am.
Police said the driver suffered minor cuts to his head and after receiving roadside treatment he gave a positive breath test and was taken to Dereham Police Station.
- 1 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 2 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 3 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 4 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 5 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 6 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 7 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 8 Blackpool player cites Norfolk footballer as inspiration after coming out
- 9 Teenager suffers serious injuries in city crash
- 10 Norfolk glamping site with natural pool named among UK's best newcomers
He was bailed to await results of blood tests.
The male passenger was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with leg injuries.