Around 14 jobs set to be created as Sports Direct heads to Thetford
- Credit: Archant
Around 14 jobs are set to be created when Sports Direct arrives in Thetford.
The sports retailer will be opening a new store at the Forest Retail Park later this month.
It will offer brands in football, golf, running and fashion, including Nike and Adidas.
It will open in the unit which was formally occupied by Brantano - the shoe retailer closed earlier this year after going into administration.
A spokesman for Sports Direct said: 'We offer something for everybody and we're very proud to open a store in a great location like Thetford.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 3 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 4 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 5 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 6 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 7 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 8 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 9 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 10 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
'The store is part of our commitment to developing elevated sports and lifestyle retail space, catering for greater integration of key brands.'
The sports store will join Sainsbury's, Currys PC World, a recently refurbished McDonalds, and other shops on the retail park.