Arnolds estate agents raise thousands for Big C charity
Staff, clients and professional partners at a Norwich-based estate agents and chartered surveyors have beaten their charity fundraising target they set themselves for the past year.
Staff at Arnolds, on Prince of Wales Road in the city centre, voted to support Big C's challenge to local companies to raise �5,000.
The amount was raised by a variety of activities, including the Arnolds Sports Challenge, which saw teams from a dozen professional firms competing in a variety of events from canoe racing to a pub quiz.
Other activities included regular bake sales, a Christmas Hamper raffle, and five members of staff taking part in the Norwich Half Marathon.
Arnolds partner John Hadcroft said: 'Given that there are only 43 of us in the company, breaking the �5,000 target is testament to the hard work and dedication that the whole team has shown over the course of the year.
'We are also very grateful to the many clients and professional partners who dug deep to support all our efforts. It is very pleasing to be able to support such an important local charity.'
Arnolds are now starting their 2011 fund-raising activities for Norfolk-based children's bereavement support charity, Nelson's Journey.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 7 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 8 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 9 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 10 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes