'Tank' spotted driving through Norfolk town
- Credit: Paul Tibbs
A photographer captured an armoured vehicle using one of King's Lynn's busiest roads over the weekend.
Paul Tibbs snapped the scene on London Road on Saturday, August 7 on a visit to the library with his children.
He said that drivers did not try to overtake the vehicle despite there being two lanes.
Mr Tibbs said his first reaction was "oh cool, there's a tank" and that his children William, three, and Eva, six, were excited to see the vehicle which he described as a 'tank' with caterpillar tracks and a gun.
He added: "It was just cool to see. The kids liked seeing it, it's the first time William had seen a tank.
"We had just been to the library in King's Lynn to pick up some new books so it's probably the first time he'd seen one, definitely the first time seeing a tank driving on public roads."
Mr Tibbs shared the pictures on social media and people responded to say the vehicle was a Combat Vehicle Reconnaissance (CVR) or Armoured Vehicle Reconnaissance (ARV), with some saying it was a Scorpion.
Others commented that the vehicle could belong to Shaun Mitchell, a military enthusiast in West Lynn.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 5 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 10 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock